Tuesday 7 December 2010


Day7

Here is todays gold plated effort
My first background was made by placing bamboo on to white card and spraying pesto and denim leaving white leaves. The second torn paper was created by me in a computer programe and printed off. both papers were stuck down to the tag

I then overstamped using royal blue ink a flourish twice

I die cut some musical notes in black card and added them

Finally I mashed up some tissue paper in warm water untill i had a mash i added a tablespoon of PVA and squash a mixture into a musical chocolate mould and left to dry out completely.

I then painted over a watered down distressed tea ink and watered down marrigold. I allowed this to dry

Next I washed a thin coat of PVA over the top, waited for it to go tacky then guilded the banjo using a sheet of 24 crt gold, brushed off the excess, buffed for a fine finish, the under colour shows through the cracks in the gold.

Unfortunately the scanner has shown it as being silver!!

1 comment:

  1. what a clever way of using a chocolate mold brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete